Wish You Were Here

via design milk
This desk is groovy. So is the fact that in less than 3 weeks, Jacques, Jean-Baptiste and I will be breathing foggy Pacific air, laughing at stories told in English, and communing with my terre natale. We're goin' to California!

It's cheesy, but lately, when I think about this upcoming trip, I get the song "Goin' to California" in my mind, and start humming the guitar melodies. (Which probably sounds like a cat fight, considering this song features a mandolin.)

I bought the Led Zeppelin IV album shortly after hearing "The Battle of Evermore" on the bus ride to high school. The Big Sur school bus, which delivered kids from way down the coast to Carmel High School, benefited from a driver who liked Bob Dylan, The Smashing Pumpkins, and Pink Floyd. Now, hearing any song from this album takes me immediately back to our funky house in Garrapata Trout Farm; it's all kikuyu grass covered hills, wild boars and waterfalls guarded by a field of nestles so tall you'd wrap yourself in a towel to get through it.

I'm so in love with that land.

Comments

Hannah said…
And we can't wait to see you 3!!
Aralena said…
Me, too, Hank!

Popular Posts