stockings, The Amazings

Christmas is coming (the geese are getting fat) and it's time to start thinking about stockings. My Mom let me know during our weekend taaaalk that she is crafting us stockings this year. Yes! She sent photos last night of fabric scraps she's had for so long that she can no longer remember where or when she got them. What we do know is that they were hand-crafted in Czechoslovakia, per the tag attached. Yes, Czechoslovakia, when it was still Czechoslovakia! Gorgeous folkloric patterns, hardy fabric, and bold Christmas colors.


Truly, I am giddy just thinking about it. As a child, my Mom made me and my brother stockings, and waking up to her original creations was just as exciting as ripping into the presents under the tree.

Have you seen this beautiful new project, The Amazings? One of the workshops available is a crochet Christmas stocking course, taught by a woman named Beryl and her granddaughter Maddy. Beryl describes herself on the site as a "Crocheter, gin-drinker and teller of superb stories." I love her already! Off to get some hooks and yarn...

Comments

Popular Posts