Garb


I am so loath to buy maternity clothes. Mainly because the majority seem intentionally dumpy, drooping and/or clinging in funky ways. But also because they get such short mileage! Who wants to shell out hundreds of Euros for a new wardrobe that is only functional for about 6 months? Not I.


Of course, there are smart ways of dressing one's expanding forms in cute, comfortable items that will also be wearable after the stork arrives, bundle of joy in beak. Stretchy, flowy, long, wrap-able, shirts, tunics and dresses all work well, up to a certain point. But that hair band loop keeping your jeans up can only stretch so far...

Enter Hatch. I discovered this adorable maternity line via A Cup of Jo a few weeks ago and have been hankering for Ariane Goldman's super stylish dresses, coats, and pants since. Her collection is not just TDF cute on pregnant women -- they are cute on any woman. And the brilliance of the design, that it flatters both the mama-to-be and post-natal mama (or never natal, for that matter) is so right on. Are other designers doing this, too?

(Images of Lucile proving that tent shirts, lycra capris and a quilted house coat can be fabulous, too, via my ever-stylish mama.)

Comments

Hannah said…
I'm totally with you on the gorgeous Hatch Collection. I want it all... but I also know that I wanted to wear absolutely nothing I wore when pregnant after giving birth. That makes spending $$$ on the beautiful things a little hard.
Aralena said…
True, Hank, true. I forgot about that. Most of my pregnancy clothes were not maternity-specific, just maternity-friendly, and everything went directly into storage the minute my stomach deflated! Hmmm...

Popular Posts