There's a sun show every second


Discover Joni Mitchell!


Flying over Manhattan at night is relentlessly breathtaking. Despite the exhaustion of travel, I couldn't not smile at the sparkling island below as our flimsy jet hurtled into La Guardia last night.

And now I'm here, at Nick's long, brick apartment, working, drinking silky black coffee from the Cafe Grumpy next door, and getting ready to wander around, charge uptown, take in sites and smells and scenes, say hi to old friends, and make some new ones, too.

Comments

Hannah said…
I seriously *heart* Cafe Grumpy! Lucky, lucky you!!
Emilie said…
have a great time in the apple my dear. want to hear all about it as soon as you return to us.
Aralena said…
Grumpy is my favorite place in Chelsea right now. I wish you both were here to drink some of their liquid heaven with me!
Oh lucky you! I hope you're enjoying your time in NYC, work and all! Sounds like a great time. Are you still in the US right now? Last night's events must have been so exciting on American soil... Now we really can look to the future with hope!
degarrido said…
Hola querida,
Eddie and I were discussing today...on a long, rather boring motorhome trek across northern California...the fact that in so many languages (other than English) the "double negative" seems to be an emphatic negative. Je n'est ce pas, yo no se nada, io non so niente...as opposed to "I know nothing". Perhaps you could explain that linguistic rationale to me? Anyway, I loved your "I couldn't not smile", rather than, perhaps, "I couldn't help but smile". I couldn't not wonder if you have started dreaming in French?
Gros bisous,
Tante Lisa

Popular Posts