Sarah Siskind, you're making my eyes mist

Maybe it's the weather. Probably not. I well up almost everyday, for some reason or other. It doesn't alarm me. Maybe it should. There are so many things - beautiful and horrible - to cry over.

Last night we took in Bon Iver performing Sarah Siskind's "Lovin's for Fools," and the combination of her heart-broken lyrics, and the Wisconsin boys' harmonies brought tears to my eyes. I looked her up when I got home, found her site, her latest album, and have been listening to Studio.Living Room on repeat since, eyes glistening, in awe.

Thank God for great music.

Comments

Hannah said…
Ohhh...I have to hear Sarah Siskind!! Missing you, Lanker. So glad you saw Bon Iver live; you beat me!
Aralena said…
Hank, you'll love her.

Missing you majorly - I can't wait 'til X-mas!

Popular Posts