adoracion del sol

Okay météo. I've been to the esthéticienne; my legs are smooth and skirt-ready (and kind of red and irritated... what's a woman with a pilosité de fou to do?). I popped in to see my coiffeur and got my split-ends trimmed (and am now channeling Sophie Marceau, La Boum era). I even bulked up on beach reading.

I've done my part - you'd better do yours. Cloud-parting, I mean. I couldn't care less if your furry gams make the locals turn and run in terror.

We're headed to Bayonne and Basque country for the next week, trading métro-boulot-dodo for surfing-tapas-vino. Maybe some skinny-dipping in broad daylight, too. (I spent my formative years in Big Sur, for Pete's sake... and besides, what's the point of living in France, if not for relishing in beach nudity, cheese, and reckless shoulder-shrugging?)

So please. Please. Please make our nights balmy and our days sweltering. This schizophrenic bender you've been on since May has me staring nostalgically at photos of home.

Comments

Oh, Aralena, I hear ya!!! And I triple your wishes... I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, that the sunbeams will finally shine forth from behind the grudging grey clouds. Enough already!

We had miraculously gorgeous weather this past Saturday in l'Indre, la Creuse, a region I know very little about, aside from the fact that George Sand spent a lot of time there. It was wonderful, and OH how I wish it would last...

But alas, on our return to Paris yesterday the rain and grey skies were back... I'm heading down to the Atlantic Coast in early August, so I'll be praying for sunshine, heat and balmy weather then too!
Anonymous said…
have a fabulous time...
delphine
Parisian Cowboy said…
"what's a woman with a pilosité de fou to do?......" très drole. J'ai éclaté de rire devant mon écran...
Amy75 said…
oh no! it was hailing in the 15th today. insane. i'm hoping the SW of France is better. i spent my honeymoon in the basque region. i love it there! i think you should go for it re skinny dipping, show them all americans aren't puritans, of course, i'm afraid to even take my top off : (
Aralena said…
Alice, I think your prayers to the sunshine god may have worked! THANK YOU!! :) I'm so glad to hear that you got to benefit from some of that sun while in l'Indre.

delphine, thank you, we did have a fabulous time. So much that I am now plotting a change of residence.

parisian cowboy, the girl who waxes me gets a kick out of my abominable snowman stems, too!

Amy, alas, the beach we went to didn't allow for exhib' madness - except topless, of course - and being the all or nothing type (and incredibly flat) I decided to just keep my swimwear on. boo. The Basque region is so beautiful and the locals so friendly, your honeymoon must have been terribly romantic.
Anonymous said…
Oh I know the know the feeling! After visiting a friend in San Diego and just being so close to the sea, I absolutely understand why people live in California.
delphine

Popular Posts