So necessary

I read an alarming article yesterday on the toxic levels of aluminum found in everything from soda cans, to vaccinations, to cosmetics, to tap water (aluminum salts are added to the water to give it that lovely clear appearance). Despite the fact that aluminum is a known neurotoxin, damages kidneys, and really doesn't need to be in most of the consumable products in which it's found, it's a mineral that is becoming increasingly hard to avoid.

Since I try to not buy bottled water and just filter our tap water, the idea that my eau Château la Pompe has had aluminum salts added to it to give it that "clear" appearance has me frowning. I'd rather drink it brown, if it meant I could delay the onset of dementia and cancer, thank you very much.

This article, though, in the NYT turned that frown upside down:

"Paris Offers Water with Bubbles, but No Bottles"

So terribly civilized! Paris is the only city in France that doesn't add aluminum salts to their municipal water, so this stuff is - in theory - not brain damaging. More importantly, though, the man captured in the photograph could be Clint Eastwood!

Comments

Popular Posts