Daddy Day???

This just in from Radio Netherlands : "Super dads face ‘quality time’ crunch."

I have to give it to Jean-Baptiste; he is a dedicated, involved, and open-minded father. We come from pretty different backgrounds, and I often feel like I'm approaching him with parenting ideas that go against the classic French grain of raising a baby (to put it mildly.) But he never balks or rolls his eyes, or categorically refuses. He listens and reads up and we discuss -- and sometimes debate -- but we usually come to a pretty like-minded conclusion.

But never in my wildest dreams could I have come up with "Daddy Day," where JB would get to spend the day taking care of Jacques, and I would spend my day... in the bathtub. After working, of course.

Comments

Hannah said…
What that article points out (not intentionally) is that it doesn't take a lot for a father to actually be a "Super Dad." Just some commitment to taking part in raising the kid, and spending some quality time with him/her. Oh, yes, and some rough play to prepare them for the world outside the home!
Aralena said…
Yeah, compared to Super Mom, Super Dad seems more like a Robin-in-training.

Popular Posts