me me me me me!

You know the story: you start responding to one darn long meme from the downright charming Alice, get seriously side-tracked by work, stripteaseuses, and doing stuff, and discover that while you've been away from your wireless life-line, you were hit again, this time by fellow bidet-curious blogger Susan. So you kill two memes with one post. Geronimo!

Quelle est votre situation de famille?
Funny you should ask, I just celebrated my first year of conjugal bliss on September 9. For now, it's just JB and me, but I'm really into loud, noisy family gatherings, so... my calendar is starting to look like a multi-colored polka-dot paradise.

Quelle est votre date d'anniversaire?
December 30, 1978. And yes, I believe that people who kill two birds with one gift should be crucified.

Vivez vous en ville ou à la campagne?
We live in Paris, in the 12ème to be precise, but are dreaming of a house à Perpète-les-Oies.

Quels métiers exercez vous ou avez vous exercés?
I've worked as a paralegal in law offices up and down the coast of California (entertainment, intellectual property and personal injury, oh yes - I was considering law school), taught English to pervy and non-pervy types in Paris offices, tried to sell knives, had a lovely stint in museum administration (and felt the collective pang when Ms. True's scandal came to light)and currently work in the field of high-tech public relations.

Avez vous des allergies
?
Kein.

Quelle est votre odeur préférée?
Big Sur.

Aimez vous les sucreries?
I have my moments, usually accompanied by edgy outbursts brought on by what was once brilliantly referred to as "heightened awareness." During these monthly wild-eyed episodes, high fructose corn syrup and I are tenderly reacquainted.

Si oui, quelles sont vos préférées
?
Haribo Polka mix never lets me down. I'm not a huge chocoholic (R-M, I finally understand) but I could probably live off of chocolate cupcakes.

Quels sont vos goûts culinaires?
I enjoy spice. Watery eyes, runny nose, and a burning palate to me equals a successful meal. My favorite sweat-inducing dishes hail from: Mexico, Thailand, India, Viêtnam.

I also love fried manioc.

Quel genre de musique aimez vous
?
I used to respond to this type of question with some variation of "everything but country," but no longer find that just. I can just as easily hum along, cut a rug or zone out to Bluegrass, Techno, Swing, Classical, R&B, Samba, Folk, and so on and on and on.

Quelle est votre couleur préférée?
Any shade of purple, violet, lavender, eggplant.

Quelle est votre saison préférée?
I'm shivering uncontrollably as I write this, and may have detected the first signs of rain-induced depression this week, but I still think my favorite season is fall. The crispness in the air and the anticipation of costume parties and gluttonous feasts are positively electrifying.

Collectionnez vous un objet quelconque
?
For a short while, I collected vintage post cards. But that didn't last long, because they were too lovely not to send.

Quel magazine lisez vous
?
The Magazine Littéraire is usually pretty fantastic b-room reading, and when I think to, I try to see what's going on with the spreads in Numéro.

Quel est votre style vestimentaire
?
In a word: jeans. I used to wear skirts and heels and spend atrocious sums of money on designer items (usually on sale, but still). Then we moved to the fashion capital of the planet and jeans and flats and blouses became my de facto sartorial policy. Wherefore this seemingly contradictory state of vestment affairs? We no longer own a microwave. This means that I can no longer heat my own depilatory wax, which means that I have to see an aesthetician to remove the embarrassing carpet on my legs, and endure fun small talk like, "Et ben, dis-donc!"* when I remove my pants, or better yet, "Et votre mari, ça le dérange pas??"**

*Well, would you look at that!
**And this doesn't bother your husband??


Pratiquez vous une activité manuelle?
Plucking my leg hairs.

Quel est votre animal préféré?
Turtles: such lovely throw-backs to a more peaceful, prehistoric time.

Quels sont vos loisirs?
Walking all over and taking in the surroundings, reading novels and history, dancing, travel, travel, travel.

Avez vous une liste de cadeaux en ligne
?
No, but I make no bones about sending mass e-mails about things I find that I wouldn't mind owning.

What are you wearing?
A vintage terry cloth robe that my mother gave me. It's a surprisingly flattering daffodil yellow, and really does make me feel like Joan Crawford, shoulder pads, breast darts, cinched waist and all. If anyone knows where I can find feathered mules and a crystal cocktail mixing set, do drop me a line.

I'm tagging Gem, Amy, and Tata Lisa, and anyone else who feels like divulging a few innocent details.

Comments

degarrido said…
Coucou Aralena!
This was a test of my rusty French...had to resort to babelfish in a couple of instances. Not sure if you want to consume blogspace with this reply, but here it is!
Tata Lisa

Quelle est votre situation de famille?
Living with and engaged to Prince Charming.

Quelle est votre date d'anniversaire?
October 25, 1948…getting ready to celebrate my last 50-something birthday!

Vivez vous en ville ou à la campagne?
In the country, on a creek, with dogs, deer and wild turkeys.

Quels métiers exercez vous ou avez vous exercés?
Technical writer and marketing consultant.

Avez vous des allergies?
Boredom.

Quelle est votre odeur préférée?
Rain.

Aimez vous les sucreries?
Not obsessively.

Si oui, quelles sont vos préférées?
Key Lime Pie or Death by Chocolate Cake can usually fill the bill.

Quels sont vos goûts culinaires?
I also love anything spicy…Evil Jungle Prince is an amazing Thai dish that gets my heart racing and sinuses flowing.

Quel genre de musique aimez vous?
Neo-soul or whatever it is called today…love Lizz Wright.

Quelle est votre couleur préférée?
Lately…orange and its derivatives…coral, salmon, peach.

Quelle est votre saison préférée?
Spring.

Collectionnez vous un objet quelconque?
None whatsoever.

Quel magazine lisez vous?
Vanity Fair is the only mag I subscribe to, but I have been known to pick up a ragazine at the super.

Quel est votre style vestimentaire?
Sportif…love golf outfits and shoes.


Pratiquez vous une activité manuelle?
Swimming and gardening.

Quel est votre animal préféré?
Horse.

Quels sont vos loisirs?
Traveling, reading, socializing with family and friends.

Avez vous une liste de cadeaux en ligne?
There are probably some books and CDs in my Amazon Wish List.

What are you wearing?
Clever printed jammies and tank top…supplied by my fashionista daughter.
Ha, Aralena -- way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone! Loved your post, as always... You're able to transform banal questions into something inspirational!

You know, I'm embarrassed to admit that even though I love fashion, and in spite of the fact that I used to spend lots more money in the States, I don't think I officially own a single designer item... Urgh. And I don't think my budget will be allowing me to purchase any anytime soon either! Oh well, I try to establish my own style within my budget... I wouldn't be against a pair of Miu Miu shoes on sale, though! ;-) I could learn a lot from you, that's for sure!...
Misplaced said…
"For a short while, I collected vintage post cards. But that didn't last long, because they were too lovely not to send."

I love the sentiment behind this line. I'm stealing to convince people I'm a nice guy.
Anonymous said…
What a great blog! Looking forward to visiting again.
Aralena said…
Merci, Tata Lisa. I forgot that I was allergic to boredom, too. ;)

Alice, I swear I do not have a closet full of Marni! Only in my dreams. I hardly ever shop, so I figure that when I do, it should COUNT. At least that's how I justify it to my dusty wallet...

Misplaced, that's funny. But I thought your thing was being dreadfully gorgeous - now you want to be nice, too?!

Thank you, Devon! I appreciate it. A très bientôt !

Popular Posts