Homes

Even though our current primary residence project is still in the making, I often find myself bookmarking images and ideas for our vacation home. My Scandinavian Home recently posted photos of a dream vacation house in Norway, and when I scrolled through the images my eyes gogged, and I decided it was a lot like my dream vacation house, too. Although mine would be in Basque country, France, not necessarily in Scandinavia. 

Just look at all of that pine, indoors and out, weathered on the exterior, warm and glowing on the inside; the built-in bench seating that lines an entire wall; the note that the architect and resident, Jürgen Kiehl, was inspired by Sea Ranch in Northern California. And then there's this quote, "Here 
we tell time by the ferries to Denmark and the call of a cuckoo bird." Is that not the definition of relaxation?  

Here's the slideshow on Dwell: "Norwegian Wood"

Comments

Mandy Indonesia said…
Hi, I really like your article.I have also enjoyed your blog and will continue to check in to read your posts. Happy New Year 2014. Thanks
R-M said…
While my dream home is in the Hawaiian islands...I could certainly get on board with the Pacific Northwest inspiration...be it in Basque Country, Scandinavia, or any other locale.... Can we do a home exchange once our respective dream homes are built?

Popular Posts