squat, sip, squat, sip

Well. When the due date comes and goes and there's nary a sign of impending labor, what do you do? Besides breathe in, breathe out in lotus position and visualize your cervix dilating gracefully?

I walk along the canal as fast as my spreading hips will allow; I practice squatting; I drink liters of raspberry leaf tea; I compulsively clean the kitchen or do little loads of laundry; I text friends, "whatcha up to?" I read up on reflexology/celebrity gossip/recipes with  mint; I epilate; I tell Léon, it's cool, man, no rush, but we are totally ready to meet you and adore you and start new family adventures, so anytime you feel like it, really, just holler. I mean it.

Comments

Emilie said…
oooh. that waiting. that waiting. so tricky. sending you kisses and good thoughts.
Aralena said…
Thanks, Emilie. It's a good lesson in letting go!
Unknown said…
Oh, I remember the waiting game, had it with Caroline! Oh my dear Aralena, did not know you were pregnant again -- I am sure you are now enjoying those early months with your new wee little one, and I just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking of you and I send you all my love! XOXO, Alice

Popular Posts