Tamaryn

My Mom flew back to Florida this morning, after a month-long stay with us here in Toulouse. We did so much wandering, sharing, laughing, taking in of art, architecture, food. Her absence is really palpable right now, and so this music feels fitting to my sad heart state.

Every time someone comes to stay, or we go over to California, there is that top of the roller coaster ride point where the giddiness of arrival meets with the apprehension of departure, and I want to hit pause. Or, more and more, I just want to get off the ride and be home. Enough up and down, here and there.


Comments

Emilie said…
Thinking of you my darling.
Hannah said…
I love those visits, and hate the goodbyes. Everything feels so quiet and I always feel adrift afterwards... Sending you loves.
Aralena said…
Thank you, loves.

Popular Posts