confessions d'une emmerdeuse

"What do you want me to do about it?"

If I hear this phrase coming out of another person's mouth one more time, I may go ballistic. Especially if said person is 1)working 2)working in a government-paid position 3)working in a government-paid position and saying "what do you want me to do about it?" in response to a question I am asking or information I am relaying that falls directly under their list of professional duties.

I got in another phone altercation with a city hall worker the other day, this time over pesticide use in our neighborhood (which is illegal, as I thought, and takes filing a formal complaint with the city hall's sanitation department to get neighbors to stop spraying your fruit trees when polite requests fall on deaf ears.)

When I told JB that we were not taking Jacques to the Jolimont daycare center and why, he congratulated me. Seeing my confusion, he responded, "You're French now! You may have had the passport before, but now that you've allowed yourself to yell at fonctionnaires, you've really made the grade."

Great. I was afraid of this.

Comments

Hannah said…
And here I thought it meant you were supposed to move back to California! Silly me... :)
R-M said…
Oh my dear, I think it might not be limited to the French...I almost jumped the counter once at GA DMV...I think incompetence is the universal language:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5ea1b68c78/do-your-job-by-bruce-springsteen-from-pete-hulne
Lauren said…
I love your blog! Found it through Taste of Garlic! And i LOVE the chicken and egg part at the end!!!
Aralena said…
Hannah, this is just one of many reasons why we're supposed to move back to California...

Rita-Marie - holy crap! I'm trying to imagine the same joke here... probably would go over like a lead balloon. But, oh, the DMV. Yes.

Hi Lauren! Thank you! (and I am rather honored that Taste of Garlic liked my rant.)

Popular Posts