Oh! Hé! Hein! Bon!

Is Nino Ferrer the greatest French-Italian ever to have lived? I think so. Certainly more interesting than our bizarre current first lady/chanteuse. There's Claude François, but he's... Claude François. Yves Montand definitely gives him a run for his money, but Nino has Yves beat in the weird factor; anyone who can make a song about pickles that makes me want to get up and shake what my mama gave me is pretty damn great in my book.

Have a look-hear:

Les cornichons


There's even a shout-out to "cor-ned beef!" Making Spam sound like a Shakespearean comestible is quite simply ge-nius.

The guy even gets into a bit of guttural inner reflection, melding images of majorettes, papier-mâché sculptures representing a lost step-sister and uncle, and ultimately demands that he not be mocked for his trademark absent-mindedness.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! There's SO much going on here! There's some gam appreciation and groovy Hammond organ, '60's style. There's the burlesque and the street parade, and a little Go Go dancing. My God! I had to say Oh, My God! a few times and laughed out loud! Phew!
Maman
R-M said…
The go-go dancing made my night...sadly, i cannot make it a ringtone for my new work crackberry!

Popular Posts