Bicycle shorts man, or I heart the dirrty south

I'm seriously considering moving to Savannah, Georgia. What do you think, Jean-Baptiste? My rear would love/hate me for it, but y'all, I'm still reeling from a lively week of piggly-wiggling, mint juleping, moisture blotting, and cruising through the luscious green state of Georgia with a dear, dear friend. I really don't see how can I possibly trade pulled pork barbecue sandwiches and sweet tea for foie gras and kir.

Not to mention this:



Yes, I was one of the fortunate ones of Atlanta to have witnessed the cane wielding, eternally smiling Bicycle shorts man, hanging out (though clearly not loose... oy) on the corner of Ponce de Leon and Briarcliff. Until the intersection of Ledru-Rollin and Faubourg St-Antoine gets a loiterer this, um, friendly, my heart belongs to Decatur.

Comments

Emilie said…
aralena my dear...this is really incredible. such a sight to behold! what delights you are experiencing on our home turf. i can't wait until you get back here though...
Now THAT is a one-of-a-kind experience! Yikes.
Aralena said…
Emilie, me too! And where can we find stuff this fantastic in Paris??

Alice, it truly is one-of-a-kind - apparently he hasn't been out since our sighting! I'm taking it as a good omen. :)
R-M said…
I have cruised Ponce and Briarcliff recently and bicycle shorts man appears to be as elusive as an endagered species...what does it mean?

Popular Posts